- 1A tropical evergreen shrub native to southern and SE Asia and the Pacific islands.
More example sentences
- Morinda citrifolia, family Rubiaceae
- The fertiliser will be particularly beneficial for the organic noni growers.
- Polly makes a point of educating us on native plants as well, like the kukui nut, whose oil was used by Hawaiians as lubricant and fuel, the noni, and the ti leaf.
- I learned that noni is a commonly planted tropical tree used primarily as an ornamental plant for its broad, bright green leaves, affording shade where it's needed.
- 2The fruit of the noni, used medicinally to stimulate the immune system and as a detoxifying agent.More example sentences
- As with many fruits, the noni fruit is a source of vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants.
- In terms of modern western medicine, noni is believed to be an immune-booster and a potential therapeutic agent against cancer.
- A 1999 study by Hawaiian researchers found that a polysaccharide-rich compound from noni fruit juice markedly enhanced the survival time of laboratory mice with a specific type of cancer, Lewis lung carcinoma.
More definitions of noniDefinition of noni in:
- The US English dictionary