- 1Having no meaning; making no sense: a nonsensical argument he dismissed the claim as nonsensicalMore example sentences
- This argument is as nonsensical as it is cruel and an extra billion is not enough.
- It was a nonsensical argument and one got the impression that Kerr did not believe it himself.
- So we must try to make sense of what seems on the surface to be nonsensical.
- 2Ridiculously impractical or ill-advised: a tax that everyone recognizes was nonsensicalMore example sentences
- No parking all day is totally out of order, ludicrous, and nonsensical.
- It has been condemned as irrational and nonsensical; on the other hand, it has been considered the supreme expression of the human spirit.
- My plan, in short, was to nod a lot and agree with whatever anyone said, however idiotic or nonsensical.
- More example sentences
- Everyone else would say it was fine, even good but all I'd be able to remember was being tongue-tied one minute and jabbering away nonsensically the next.
- I remember there was something about swapping nonsensically named files, but I can't remember which they were.
- It was only midnight and he was already stumbling and babbling nonsensically.