nounNorth American • informal
- A hard poke or grind with the knuckles, especially on a person’s head.More example sentences
- ‘No helmet needed here,’ Krystal teased, giving Sid a noogie with her knuckles.
- The player had the general manager in a headlock at one point, relentlessly giving him noogies.
- But I put him in a headlock and gave him a noogie until he said he was sorry.
1970s: perhaps a diminutive of knuckle.
More definitions of noogieDefinition of noogie in:
- The US English dictionary