noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A hormone which is released by the adrenal medulla and by the sympathetic nerves and functions as a neurotransmitter. It is also used as a drug to raise blood pressure.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: (HO)2C6H3CHOHCH2NH2
- To date, we know of approximately 300 substances that act as neurotransmitters, including endorphins, neuropeptides, adrenaline, noradrenaline and acetylcholine.
- The tumor increases production of adrenaline and noradrenaline, raising blood pressure.
- This amino acid fights fatigue by pumping up your levels of the energizing neurotransmitters dopamine, noradrenaline, and adrenaline.
More definitions of noradrenalineDefinition of noradrenaline in:
- The US English dictionary