Definition of nosebleed in English:
1An instance of bleeding from the nose: she gets a nosebleed at high altitudes
More example sentences
- Usually, the congestion, runny nose, and nosebleeds that occur during pregnancy clear up shortly after delivery.
- Touching and poking the inner nose can cause nosebleeds.
- It constantly spews toxic chemicals into the air here, and the residents I work with suffer from headaches, nosebleeds and respiratory problems.
1.1 [as modifier] North American informal Denoting cheap seating located in an extremely high position in a sports stadium, large theatre, or concert hall.
- The stereo mix wraps you up in the sounds of the open seas, whereas the mono mix makes you feel as if you're sitting in the nosebleed section of a stadium.
- There isn't a bad seat in the house since you don't have to worry about looking over someone's head or ending up in the nosebleed section.
- In fact, it'd be so quiet in the huge auditorium that even if you sat in the nosebleed section, you could hear Anne Kursinski grunt as she prompted her jumper to clear his obstacles.
Definition of nosebleed in:
- US English dictionary