- A chord containing a number of closely adjacent notes. Also called tone cluster.More example sentences
- Students must learn to listen ‘horizontally’ in order to follow melody or rhythm, and ‘vertically’ so as to separate mentally the various sounds that combine to form a chord or note cluster.
- For any vocalization to be regarded as a note cluster, we had to be able to detect at least two notes ranging from 300 Hz to 1400 Hz (low-voice notes) and two notes ranging from 1500 Hz to 13000 Hz (high-voice notes).
- Yet I have to say that its rigorous and intransigent atonal style with a preponderance of chromatic note clusters and major seventh and minor ninth intervals now seems outworn, its initial impact long dissipated.
More definitions of note clusterDefinition of note cluster in:
- The US English dictionary