- A word or group of words containing a noun and functioning in a sentence as subject, object, or prepositional object.More example sentences
- The subjects were given a pre-test on combining two sentences into one sentence containing a relative clause where either the subject, object, or object of a preposition was the relativized noun phrase.
- These criteria presuppose that we already have an understanding of ‘clause’, and of what it means for a noun phrase to function as ‘subject of a clause’.
- The grammar of this passage is interesting, too: an independent clause is followed by a noun phrase set off by a comma, i.e. a noun phrase appositive.
More definitions of noun phraseDefinition of noun phrase in:
- The US English dictionary