Relating to Nubia, its people, or their language.
- For its part the Sony Gallery is showcasing black and white photographs taken in the early 1960s by Abdel-Fattah Eid as part of a project to document Nubian culture before the valley was submerged by Lake Nasser.
- You can see some Nubian villages at Elephantine Island.
- Were the sadness, the fear, the ferocity, related to the darker side of Nubian culture?
1A native or inhabitant of Nubia.
- Cunningham and the group of Islanders joined Nubians, Toda, Zulu and Sioux and ‘the entirely bogus Wild Men of Borneo’ on a tour of North America that lasted almost a year.
- But the traditionalists point out that the Egyptians distinguished themselves from the Nubians and other African and Mediterranean peoples in appearance and dress.
- Millions of Egyptian Nubians are committed Muslims who are non-Arab Africans with a glorious history of governing Egypt and Sudan for centuries.
2 [mass noun] The Nilo-Saharan language spoken by the Nubians.
- There are more than one hundred different indigenous languages spoken in Sudan, including Nubian, Ta Bedawie, and dialects of Nilotic and Nilo-Hamitic languages.
3A goat of a short-haired breed with long pendant ears and long legs, originally from Africa.
- Several characteristics distinguish Nubians from other dairy breeds: They have floppy ears, a convex, Roman nose and an energetic disposition some say is just plain stubborn.
- To give a summary of our operation, it comprises 400 head of Alpine, LaMancha, Nubian, Saanen and Toggenburg breeds.
- Milk from Hahns's herd of Nubian, La Mancha and Saanen goats goes into her much-sought-after line of handmade soaps.
Words that rhyme with NubianDanubian
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Nu¦bian
Definition of Nubian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.