- A nuclear reaction in which atomic nuclei of low atomic number fuse to form a heavier nucleus with the release of energy.More example sentences
- At the bright end of the HR diagram, a star stops growing when so much energy is released by nuclear fusion that it can swallow no further mass from the surrounding clouds of gas and dust.
- What is the difference between nuclear fusion and cold fusion?
- A hydrogen bomb is a device that creates an immediate, massive release of destructive energy through unrestrained nuclear fusion - in short, it's a weapon.
More definitions of nuclear fusionDefinition of nuclear fusion in:
- The US English dictionary