- The branch of medicine that deals with the use of radioactive substances in research, diagnosis, and treatment.More example sentences
- This includes staff members in mammography, nuclear medicine, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, physical medicine, and clinics.
- A learning curve exists for this procedure for the multidisciplinary team of surgeons, nuclear medicine physicians, and pathologists, and caution should be exercised by using quality control measures and validating results.
- Radiological and nuclear medicine examinations confer a definite (albeit low) long term risk of cancer, but patients undergoing such examinations often receive no or inaccurate information about these risks.
More definitions of nuclear medicineDefinition of nuclear medicine in:
- The US English dictionary