(also nala /ˈnɑːlə/)
- A watercourse, riverbed, or ravine.More example sentences
- Temporary bunds on nullahs, rivulets or small rivers erected by using empty cement bags, popularly known as Vanarai Bunds, have proved most effective.
- The threat of flash floods loomed large over the people living along the Sutlej river with the formation of a huge lake in Tibet, upstream Lapcha in the Parchu nullah, a tributary of the Spiti rivers.
- Two persons were killed when the truck they were travelling in rolled down into a nullah near Nakro last night.
late 18th century: from Hindi nālā.
More definitions of nullahDefinition of nullah in:
- The US English dictionary