- A line on which numbers are marked at intervals, used to illustrate simple numerical operations.More example sentences
- The ordinary numbers (or real numbers as mathematicians call them) sat on the number line running East-West in this map of imaginary numbers, while the North-South direction corresponded to the imaginary part.
- These jumps from one number to the next can be visualized as arcs of circles along a number line.
- The findings suggest that understanding relationships among numbers involves some sort of spatial tool, such as visualizing a number line.
More definitions of number lineDefinition of number line in:
- The US English dictionary