- A small private institution providing residential accommodation with health care, especially for elderly people.More example sentences
- No targets were available for admissions to geriatric specialties or for numbers of beds in private nursing homes.
- The number of places in private nursing homes mushroomed while the number of NHS long stay beds plummeted.
- In many instances, these become even higher than in average private hospitals and nursing homes.
More definitions of nursing homeDefinition of nursing home in:
- The US English dictionary