Definition of nutriment in English:
Nourishment; sustenance: the bees reprocess the food and extract the last particle of nutriment from it figurative he took the Bible for spiritual nutriment
More example sentences
- Eventually, in his final entry, he writes ‘I am weaker than ever although I have a good appetite, and relish the nardoo much, but it seems to give no nutriment, and the birds here are so shy as not to be got at.’
- By 20th June, Wills was completely reduced by the effects of the cold and their inadequate nutriment.
- If they encounter a speck of nutriment they fan out to quest for more.
late Middle English: from Latin nutrimentum, from nutrire 'feed, nourish'.
- Example sentences
- Those foods not only are nutrimental to our lung, but also can comfort and relax our thorax, reduce allergies of the nose, dry coughing, sore throat, and asthma diseases.
- This study aims to develop a simple, rapid, simultaneous and quantitative method for evaluating nutrimental elements of the plant vigor using an X-ray fluorescent (XRF) spectroscopic method.
- These series include herbal freckle-ridding, acne-eradicating, wrinkle-reducing products and herbal nutrimental layer, herbal whitening ointment, acne ointment, acne prime fluid, Vitamin E cream, etc.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan