adjective (nuttier, nuttiest)
- 1Tasting like nuts: wild rice has a very nutty flavourMore example sentences
- Simply grind in a coffee grinder or high-powered blender 3 measures of linseed, two measures of sunflower seeds and one measure of almonds to make a delicious nutty tasting powder.
- For appetizers, I recommend the arugala salad for those who enjoy the distinctly nutty flavour of this salad green.
- We sampled the plump, satisfying pork pot-stickers as well as the shrimp balls on cloud ear mushrooms, which combined a distinctly nutty flavour with the sweet pink puffs of shrimp.
- 1.1Containing a lot of nuts: a nutty vegetable bakeMore example sentences
- The methi pulav turned out pretty good - very nutty and chewy.
- This is a thick, nutty curry of chicken with cashew nuts, grated coconut, garlic cloves, fresh ginger, coriander, onions & green chillies.
- Savoury Nut Burgers - Moist and nutty inside, crispy and well browned outside, these tempting burgers will be just as popular with non-vegetarians.
- 2 • informal Mad: he came up with a few nutty proposalsMore example sentences
- There is no tangible search for solutions and little real, positive innovation or creativity; merely the recycling of outdated ideas, baseless gossip and nutty proposals.
- Out there on the radical fringe, Lester knows he's unlikely to persuade the U.S. Congress to adopt his nutty proposals
- I have no doubt that the advice you have received from economists and tax experts has told you why your proposal is nutty.
be nutty about
- • informal Like very much: he is nutty about boatsMore example sentences
- Why are we so nutty about The Nutcracker?
- Mills said he was always ‘nutty about boats - anything that floated.’
(as) nutty as a fruitcake
- • informal Completely mad.More example sentences
- Debbie, the youngest daughter of drunkard Frank Smith, is as nutty as a fruitcake and totally unpredictable - a bit like the rest of the Smith clan.
- Only 16.7 percent of them are non compos mentis, or, in football terms, nutty as a fruitcake.
- He was a man who was a wise as a venerable oak to some and as nutty as a fruitcake to others.
- More example sentences
- Like the old aristocracy, some of them are debauched, and some of them have merely achieved the state of nuttiness it took Mad King Ludwig of Bavaria's family a millennium of in-breeding to master.
- On the gallows Bury confirmed his reputation for sneering nuttiness by saying to the hangman: ‘I suppose you think you are clever to hang me.’
- To Web surfers, he came off as a quick-witted scribe who kept readers amused with tales of high-altitude nuttiness.