- A fungal disease of oaks and other trees which makes the foliage wilt and eventually kills the tree.
More example sentences
- The fungus is Ceratocystis fagacearum, subdivision Ascomycotina
- Previous research has documented the effects of chestnut blight, Dutch elm disease, ash yellows, oak wilt, and beech bark disease on tree diameter distributions in eastern deciduous forests.
- Trees dying of oak wilt should not be used as firewood.
- When you prune your oaks can influence the spread of a disease called oak wilt.
More definitions of oak wiltDefinition of oak wilt in:
- The US English dictionary