- 1Meal made from ground oats, used in porridge, oatcakes, or other food: medium Scottish oatmeal [as modifier]: oatmeal porridgeMore example sentences
- Try to get as much fiber as you can from bodybuilding foods such as oatmeal, brown rice, whole-grain breads, vegetables, legumes and fruit.
- For breakfast people may eat porridge made of cornmeal or oatmeal, cereal, or bread and tea.
- Complex carbohydrates like oatmeal and whole wheat bread ultimately break down into simple carbohydrates like sugar.
- 1.1North American Porridge made from oatmeal or rolled oats.More example sentences
- He replaced his morning eggs and sausage with oatmeal and a walk.
- Aunt Neal had already began pouring me a bowl of oatmeal, putting sausage on a plate and shoveling a pound of bacon in the same saucer.
- In the morning, I vary between oatmeal and egg white omelets with salsa and veggies, and in the summer I like cold cereals.
- 2A greyish-fawn colour flecked with brown: [as modifier]: an oatmeal jacketMore example sentences
- It is decorated in cream with an oatmeal carpet, a colour scheme that is continued throughout the apartment.
- Neutral oatmeal carpets create a subtle contrast to the light maple furniture.
- When she finished and made her way slowly through the carriage, the only person who gave her money was a bearded guy with long hair and a flowing oatmeal coloured floorlength robe sitting in the corner.
More definitions of oatmealDefinition of oatmeal in:
- The US English dictionary