A sedentary colonial coelenterate with upright branching stems bearing minute cups in which the polyps sit.
- Genus Obelia, class Hydrozoa
More example sentences
- Obelia is used in many zoology textbooks to exemplify the Hydrozoa life cycle.
- In the coelenterate Obelia, the egg develops into a colonial hydroid consisting of a series of branching Hydra-like organisms called polyps.
- Cnidarians of the genus Obelia form colonies of polyps in their asexual generation.
Definition of obelia in:
- The US English dictionary