- 1A language described by means of another language. Compare with metalanguage, target language.More example sentences
- Tarski's theory of truth relies crucially on the distinction between object languages and meta-languages, and so semantics generally seems to be necessarily a meta-discipline.
- Carnap was aware that the symbol N is definable only in the meta-language, not in the object language.
- As Grover puts it, prosentences function ‘at the level of the object language.’
More definitions of object languageDefinition of object language in:
- The US English dictionary