Definition of objectionable in English:
Arousing distaste or opposition; unpleasant or offensive: I find his theory objectionable in its racist undertones
More example sentences
- Personally I think four letter words used in an offensive way are all objectionable.
- Some of these comments, however, I find offensive or otherwise objectionable.
- To those who found it offensive, objectionable or even just irritating I can only ask for forgiveness.
offensive, unpleasant, disagreeable, distasteful, displeasing, unacceptable, off-putting, undesirable, obnoxious;
nasty, disgusting, awful, terrible, dreadful, frightful, repulsive, repellent, repugnant, revolting, abhorrent, loathsome, hateful, detestable, reprehensible, deplorable, appalling, insufferable, intolerable, despicable, contemptible, beyond the pale, odious, vile, obscene, foul, unsavoury, unpalatable, sickening, nauseating, nauseous, noxious
British informal beastly
- Example sentences
- I think a little omission would greatly lessen the objectionableness of these sentences if you have not time to recast and amplify.
- Two years ago, I wrote a little tongue-in-cheek riff on the objectionableness of mudflap art.
- It seems a shame to waste his objectionableness by just rolling it into a general objection to America, but there we go.
- Example sentences
- When he missed, several of the Arsenal players taunted him rather objectionably, for which 6 of them now face conduct investigations.
- Above all, I want to make sure that I'm observing everything as objectionably as possible that you know how you'll respond as a person.
- When judges are doing this, they are acting objectionably even under his approach.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan