- Denoting or relating to an anxiety disorder in which a person feels compelled to perform certain stereotyped actions repeatedly to alleviate persistent fears or intrusive thoughts, typically resulting in severe disruption of daily life.More example sentences
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is a common mental health condition that affects 2% of the population.
- For people with obsessive-compulsive disorder, obsession creates a maze of persistent, unwanted thoughts.
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder most often occurs in men.
More definitions of obsessive–compulsiveDefinition of obsessive–compulsive in:
- The US English dictionary