noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Severe or complete constipation.More example sentences
- Cramping pain, little vomiting, constipation and obstipation, distension, loud borborygmi and little loss of electrolytes.
- A 27-year-old man presented to the emergency department with a 3-day history of progressively worsening abdominal pain, nausea, emesis, and obstipation following a weekend drinking binge.
- A 71-year-old white man with no prior history of malignancy and a 2-week history of obstipation, increasing abdominal girth, and abdominal cramping sought medical attention after he began passing bright red blood per rectum.
More definitions of obstipationDefinition of obstipation in:
- The US English dictionary