- 1Relating to or involved in the occlusion of teeth.More example sentences
- Soft plastic mouth guards, or occlusal splints, may be needed to prevent damage from trauma, as in sports injuries, or bruxism.
- In addition, all teeth exhibited signs of extensive occlusal flattening with secondary deposits of dentin, indicating wear through the tooth enamel.
- Woodrat teeth from Deer Park B have the typical occlusal pattern found in other Blancan populations.
- 1.1Denoting a surface of a tooth that comes into contact with a tooth in the other jaw.More example sentences
- Consequently, this leads to an alteration in the occlusal forces against the opposing arcade and subsequent changes in the occlusal surface of several teeth.
- Also, the incisiform teeth appear to project slightly anteriorly, whereas the occlusal surface of the cheek teeth face dorsally.
- Its cheek teeth were hypsodont and had strongly developed lophs on their occlusal surfaces.
More definitions of occlusalDefinition of occlusal in:
- The US English dictionary