Definition of octal in English:
Relating to or using a system of numerical notation that has 8 rather than 10 as a base.
- Then convert each of these groups into one octal digit.
- Yellowstone, which was announced more than a year ago, uses an octal data rate to deliver data rates up to a theoretical maximum of 3.2 Gbits/s.
- To use an access server, you'll need an octal cable.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
The octal system; octal notation: the calculation should be done in binary or octal
More example sentences
- About the only thing this calculator lacks is the ability to switch from decimal to hex to octal to binary.
- We were taught to convert the usual base 10 into base 6 into base 4, into binary, into octal etc.
- Working on networks, I find there's always a need to convert between decimal, hexadecimal, octal and binary.
Definition of octal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan