- A religion replaced by another, in particular paganism or Roman Catholicism.More example sentences
- The secular is the new religion; the old religion is just a musty, dimly-lit place smelling of wax where you have a doddering old man splash water on your baby's head.
- In other words, as he says, they remained faithful to their old religions.
- Some of these (Sweden and the Netherlands being examples) concluded that there is no need for distinguishing between new and old religions in law.
More definitions of old religionDefinition of old religion in:
- The US English dictionary