A poisonous evergreen Old World shrub grown in warm countries for its clusters of white, pink, or red flowers.
- Nerium oleander, family Apocynaceae
More example sentences
- Between the ruins grew cypresses and oleanders, hibiscus, myrtle and wild roses.
- I like a lot of white, and I have a couple of small white oleanders and a white butterfly bush.
- It was made up of white oleanders and pink roses lined with small chrysanthemums tied together with a single satin ribbon.
early 16th century: from medieval Latin, of unknown ultimate origin.
Definition of oleander in:
- The US English dictionary