verb[with object] Chemistry
- Join a number of molecules of (a monomer) together to form an oligomer.More example sentences
- Catalytic composition and process for oligomerising ethylene in particular to 1-butene and/or 1-hexene
- Though the conditions are far from those present when a connexin molecule oligomerizes into a functional gap junction in a mammalian cell, Cx43CT oligomerization did not exceed that which occurs in a connexon.
- The monomers oligomerize after insertion into the bilayer.
- More example sentences
- His studies, in collaboration with BP Amoco Chemicals and Unilever, include oligomerisation, polymerisation, alkylation and acylation in ionic liquids.
- Another domain is usually responsible for dimerization or oligomerization of the transcription factor monomers.
- Therefore, it was concluded that the use of butanol instead of chloroform/methanol may decrease the oligomerization of SP-B.