Definition of oligomerize in English:
verb[with object] Chemistry
Join a number of molecules of (a monomer) together to form an oligomer.
- Catalytic composition and process for oligomerising ethylene in particular to 1-butene and/or 1-hexene
- Though the conditions are far from those present when a connexin molecule oligomerizes into a functional gap junction in a mammalian cell, Cx43CT oligomerization did not exceed that which occurs in a connexon.
- The monomers oligomerize after insertion into the bilayer.
- Example sentences
- His studies, in collaboration with BP Amoco Chemicals and Unilever, include oligomerisation, polymerisation, alkylation and acylation in ionic liquids.
- Another domain is usually responsible for dimerization or oligomerization of the transcription factor monomers.
- Therefore, it was concluded that the use of butanol instead of chloroform/methanol may decrease the oligomerization of SP-B.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan