- A carbohydrate whose molecules are composed of a relatively small number of monosaccharide units.More example sentences
- All carbohydrates can be classified as either monosaccharides, oligosaccharides or polysaccharides.
- Prebiotics are complex carbohydrates - oligosaccharides, such as inulin and short-chain sugars.
- Enzymes that act on substrates such as polypeptides, nucleic acids, oligosaccharides, or lipid membranes often interact with more than one substrate molecule.
More definitions of oligosaccharideDefinition of oligosaccharide in:
- The US English dictionary