1Widely or constantly encountered; widespread: the omnipresent threat of natural disasters
More example sentences
- Believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever encountered the omnipresent Dora series.
- Myrna said that it was a depressing scene, with heavy smoke and the omnipresent threat of losing everything.
- King's recommendations to women are in line with the sense of omnipresent threat and moral panic that he projects.
present everywhere, ubiquitous, general, universal, worldwide, global, all-pervasive, all-present, infinite, boundless;
rife, prevalent, predominant, common, extensive, wide-ranging, far-reaching
1.1(Of God) present everywhere at the same time.
- The gods were omnipresent but they were not necessarily obeyed.
- According to the poet, Lord Ganesha, the Onkar-shaped omnipresent god, is the bestower of all kinds of boons.
- The One is the ultimate omnipresent Essence of the Universe.
Early 17th century: from medieval Latin omnipraesent-.
Words that rhyme with omnipresentbezant, peasant, pheasant, pleasant, present
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: omni|pres¦ent
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.