noun[mass noun] Medicine
The study and treatment of tumours.
- She has previously worked at Mayo in the areas of orthopedic oncology and pediatric radiology.
- Cheng is also an assistant professor of gynecology and obstetrics and oncology.
- In paediatric oncology this should include the track record of new treatments studied in earlier trials
- Example sentences
- Most of the patients were admitted because of cardiovascular, peripheral vascular, oncological, hepatic, or gastrointestinal disorders.
- Also, unlike oncological chemotherapy, invasive cardiology or neurosurgery, for example, psychopharmacology is hardly rocket science.
- This technique generally has been avoided in obstetrics and oncological surgery for fear of introducing foreign materials (eg, amniotic fluid, fetal cells, cancer cells) into the circulation with potentially devastating results.
Definition of oncology in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.