- Managing to avoid competition or danger from someone or something: I try to keep one step ahead of the rest of the staffMore example sentences
- With the new press in full operation, Stewart is now turning his mind to his next investment in his bid to stay one step ahead of the competition.
- We need to be proactive, one step ahead of the competition - an international leader.
- At the end of the day, in our attempt to go one step ahead, we have ended up two steps behind.
More definitions of one step aheadDefinition of one step ahead in:
- The US English dictionary