Definition of one-two in English:
1A pair of punches delivered in quick succession with alternate hands.
- But if Pentham's goal was a real sucker punch then the one-two combination in the first four minutes had Teachers reeling on the ropes.
- Woo, who had previously tackled kung fu as well as staid dramedies, set about changing that with the one-two punch of The Killer and then Hard Boiled.
- She served up a spectacular one-two punch in her first two years as a pro.
2chiefly Soccer A move in which a player plays a short pass to a teammate and moves forward to receive an immediate return pass: the midfielder played a one-two with Dowie
More example sentences
- From the free-kick, Williams race forward, played a one-two with Reeves again, before firing home from tight angle.
- Murphy moved forward with a one-two with Black, the slither proceeded to McAvoy.
- Poborsky goes on a surging run, cuts in from the right, picks up a lovely one-two from a team-mate on the edge of the box and shoots just over the United bar.
Definition of one-two in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan