(also Internet dating)
Definition of online dating in English:
The practice of searching for a romantic or sexual partner on the Internet, typically via a dedicated website: with the rise of Internet dating has come a new carelessness about dating etiquette
More example sentences
- To be sure, some parents are still concerned with safety online or still don't know what online dating is.
- The National Association of Dating Websites will aim to portray online dating in a more favorable light.
- At the same time, the burgeoning practice of blogging is pushing online dating even further toward "informed choice."
online dater noun (also Internet dater)
- Example sentences
- For an inexperienced online dater, the danger lurks at every corner.
- It is virtually impossible for dating sites to weed out the bad seeds; the online dater must take care in setting up dates with strangers.
- Nothing feels worse to online daters than being told that there are no matches for them.
Definition of online dating in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.