A surging rush forward: the mesmerizing onrush of the sea
More example sentences
- She stood up, and felt the sudden onrush of emotion.
- Croft left a message and went to his club where, like the onrush of a sudden tide, all the talk, now, had turned to the upcoming race.
- How do people make sense of the onrush without being submerged by it?
- Example sentences
- The third goal in 77 minutes proved a real touch of class with Bavidge taking a great touch from a Christie pass before cleverly sweeping the ball under the onrushing keeper's body from 15 yards.
- One such scene of ordered chaos is the Lahore eye hospital, run by the Layton Rahmatulla Benevolent Trust, which sees an onrushing mass of around 1,200 patients a day.
- This time Wilson won the chase for a through ball, nodding it downwards with his head to beat the onrushing Brown, but as he took it into the box his weak shot towards the goal was cleared by Martyn Corrigan.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: on¦rush
Definition of onrush in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.