noun[mass noun] Biology
- The production or development of an ovum.More example sentences
- If X chromosome loss occurs during oogenesis, then some ova are expected to be nullo-X, which would result in a patroclinous non-Unc male.
- The genes we identified are involved in oogenesis, metabolism, and feeding behaviors, indicating a possible link to reproduction and survival.
- This paradox can be explained by the occurrence of narrow bottlenecks during oogenesis or early embryo development.
More definitions of oogenesisDefinition of oogenesis in:
- The US English dictionary