- The thick-walled zygote of certain algae and fungi, formed by fertilization of an oosphere. Compare with zygospore.More example sentences
- Spherical, dark green Vaucheria propagules, presumably oospores, were observed among the far more common diatoms, nematodes, angiosperm vessel members, and sand fragments in the slurry.
- The progeny were derived from oospores generated in infected leaves (in vivo) and were recovered from sporulating lesions formed on leaves that were floated on water containing soil with oospores.
- Of an estimated 45,000 oospores spread onto germination plates from each isolation, 500 germinated.
More definitions of oosporeDefinition of oospore in:
- The US English dictionary