Definition of opacify in English:
verb (opacifies, opacifying, opacified)technical
Make or become opaque: [with object]: milk-glass opacified with arsenic displays a fiery opalescence if the cavity opacifies, you should consider a fungal ball
More example sentences
- Thrombosed AVMs may not opacify during angiography and may only be recognized as areas of avascular mass effect or very subtle arteriovenous shunting.
- Catheter shapes vary from flush catheters that opacify large vessels to selective catheters that can be introduced into branch vessels.
- The normal gallbladder (without stones) becomes opacified after the ingestion of iodinated contrast tablets.
- Example sentences
- The secondary components can be classified as decolorants, opacifiers, colorants, or refiners.
- Technically, the tin does not improve the bead - unlike in later, true glass, where tin can act as an opacifier to deepen its colour.
Definition of opacify in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia