noun[mass noun] Finance
- The number of contracts or commitments outstanding in futures and options trading on an official exchange at any one time.More example sentences
- Today, the CBOE reported total option open interest of 58.7 million contracts, an increase of 9.7 million from year-end.
- Look at the futures open interest on December silver and it is over 74,000 contracts.
- The gold open interest fell 901 contracts to 218, 161.
More definitions of open interestDefinition of open interest in:
- The US English dictionary