Definition of orchard in English:
A piece of enclosed land planted with fruit trees: [with modifier]: an apple orchard a cider orchard
More example sentences
- Apple and pear orchards were planted, as were plum thickets between some holes.
- Thousands of acres are painstakingly planted in tidy orchards, trellises and rows.
- South of the house is an extensive orchard of fruit trees, now part of the other two properties.
- Example sentences
- Controlling pear psylla is a real challenge to commercial orchardists, mostly because the insect is quickly resistant to new insecticides.
- I would like to come back to the issue of seasonal work and the difficulty that orchardists and market gardeners have found in getting anyone to pick fruit and asparagus over the last year.
- ‘We want orchardists to let their prunings dry before burning them so a clean hot fire results without the need to add any fuel,’ he said.
Words that rhyme with orchardRichard • pilchard • pochard
Definition of orchard in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan