- A structure in the cochlea of the inner ear which produces nerve impulses in response to sound vibrations.More example sentences
- In man, the cochlea and the organ of Corti follow a spiral course of two and one half turns.
- The micromechanics of the organ of Corti and the tectorial membrane is then analyzed by our new method.
- A cochlear implant takes the place of the damaged organ of Corti and stimulates the spiral ganglion cells directly.
late 19th century: named after Alfonso Corti (1822–76), Italian anatomist.
More definitions of organ of CortiDefinition of organ of Corti in:
- The US English dictionary