(US also organdy)
noun (plural organdies)[mass noun]
- A fine translucent cotton muslin that is usually stiffened and is used for women’s clothing: [as modifier]: brides in flounced organdie gownsMore example sentences
- Handloom materials including churidhars with hand-designed embroidery, phulkari, shadow and mirror works in cotton and organdy along with hand-woven silk saris catch the onlookers' attention.
- If in doubt about the design's stability, sandwich a layer of sheer fabric, such as organdy, organza or tulle, with the water-soluble stabilizer prior to stitching.
- Organza is similar to cotton organdy except it is made with silk and is transparent.
early 19th century: from French organdi, of unknown origin.
More definitions of organdieDefinition of organdie in:
- The US English dictionary