- Any organic compound whose molecule contains one or more phosphate ester groups, especially a pesticide of this kind.More example sentences
- The Edinburgh-based Institute of Occupational Medicine has reported nerve damage among farm workers exposed to organophosphates.
- Scientists from Manchester University studied an enzyme found in blood which is responsible for breaking down an organophosphate used in sheep dip.
- At no time did Mr Stoker experience symptoms consistent with acute poisoning with organophosphates.
More definitions of organophosphateDefinition of organophosphate in:
- The US English dictionary