- A yellow metal prized in ancient times, probably a form of brass or a similar alloy.More example sentences
- Detailed surveys revealed that the planet's oceans and atmosphere were tainted by a high percentage of oxidized iron, giving it the reddish-bronze color of the legendary metal, Orichalc.
- The same qualities that made gold a desirable medium of exchange in the ancient world make orichalc useful to mages.
- Note the way orichalc is used as an adornment for the most important element of the temple.
late Middle English: via Latin from Greek oreikhalkon, literally 'mountain copper'.
More definitions of orichalcDefinition of orichalc in:
- The US English dictionary