- 1Decorative elements added to something to enhance its appearance: a baroque chandelier with plasterwork ornamentationMore example sentences
- The display of status through clothing and ornamentation appears to be a universal phenomenon.
- Gesso is a fortified plaster compound used for ornamentation applied to the chimneypiece with a glue.
- Georgian homes are similar to Colonials, but feature richer details and ornamentation.
- 1.1The action of decorating something or making it more elaborate: the rhetorical ornamentation of textMore example sentences
- Putting too much emphasis on ornamentation can only weaken the charm of both music and artist.
- Textile ornamentation was very elaborate according to archaeological findings.
- Bad rhetoric is all about the metaphor, ornamentation etc without the logic or concern for truth.