Definition of orthotic in English:
Relating to orthotics.
- Once her feet stopped growing, she wore an orthotic insert in her left shoe to help her balance.
- You'd do just as well buying a prefabricated orthotic insert from a drug store as having one custom made.
- Many problems can be resolved through exercise, but John also makes orthotic insoles that can correct the way you walk.
nounBack to top
An artificial support or brace for the limbs or spine.
- They also perform biomechanical analysis, assess your gait and make orthotics as needed.
- I did have one serious problem with my knee but that was a result of wearing ill-fitting orthotics.
- The orthotic also allowed her to wear two shoes that were the same size, even though her feet were of different size and shape.
Definition of orthotic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.