Definition of orthotropic in English:
1 Botany (Of a shoot, stem, or axis) growing vertically.
- The mature ovules of both species are orthotropic and crassinucellate.
- Branches are orthotropic and morphologically identical to the trunk.
- In the Champagnat model, the mixed axes have a spiral phyllotaxis and begin their growth with an orthotropic direction before they bend under their own weight.
2 Engineering Having three mutually perpendicular planes of elastic symmetry at each point.
- In the design of the orthotropic deck, the composite interaction between the steel deck and the pavement under local and global loading was considered.
- West, Vancouver, fabricated the new bridge sections upside down and welded orthotropic troughs to the 16.8-m-wide deck plates.
- Renovation techniques for orthotropic steel bridge decks are needed to solve fatigue problems in the decks of these bridges.
Definition of orthotropic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan