- The pressure that would have to be applied to a pure solvent to prevent it from passing into a given solution by osmosis, often used to express the concentration of the solution.More example sentences
- The driving force for the osmotic pressure is the higher concentration of sodium ions in the beads than in the outside water.
- If a U-shaped glass tube were divided in two by a semipermeable membrane and filled with two solutions the osmotic pressure could be shown.
- The glucose osmotic pressure in solution with water is proportional to the glucose concentration in the outer solution.
More definitions of osmotic pressureDefinition of osmotic pressure in:
- The US English dictionary