noun[mass noun] Medicine
- An inherited disorder characterized by extreme fragility of the bones.More example sentences
- For example, children with an inherited condition known as osteogenesis imperfecta have bones that are brittle and more susceptible to breaking.
- Three children with severe osteogenesis imperfecta received allogeneic bone marrow transplants; in two osteoblast engraftment was shown.
- Kwanini, who suffers from osteogenesis imperfecta (brittle bone disease), has been in a wheelchair since the age of nine.
modern Latin, from osteogenesis + Latin imperfecta 'imperfect' (feminine of imperfectus).
More definitions of osteogenesis imperfectaDefinition of osteogenesis imperfecta in:
- The US English dictionary