Definition of osteonecrosis in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
The death of bone tissue.
- Investigators at the National Institutes of Health have demonstrated that a disabling bone disorder, osteonecrosis of the hip, is surprisingly common among patients with HIV infection.
- The incidence of osteonecrosis or avascular necrosis has fallen as a result of new advances in immunosuppression and lower corticosteroid regimens.
- It is unclear in this patient which of the possible factors contributed to the pathogenesis of osteonecrosis.
- 1osteonecrotic adjective
- Example sentences
- The very high total irradiation doses have caused osteonecrotic lesions of the lumbar spine.
- Many authors have reported good results with the use of vascularized fibular grafts to treat large osteonecrotic lesions of the femoral head.
Definition of osteonecrosis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.