verb[with object] • informal
- Defeat (someone) by being more clever or cunning than them: Holmes outfoxed criminals from the comfort of his armchairMore example sentences
- Zorro has always been a dashing swashbuckler who outfoxes his enemies in their defeat.
- They delight in outfoxing people, or seducing them, and they love the riskiness of rule-breaking.
- One saw a person simply beside himself with the thought that he had succeeded in outfoxing his opponent.
More definitions of outfoxDefinition of outfox in:
- The US English dictionary